This past weekend, Mamaw Kat and Pappaw came for a visit. It provided the perfect opportunity for Matt and I to go to a Mississippi Braves game and since he got tickets in the suite, we couldn't turn it down. It was so nice to have a night to ourselves...Matt got to enjoy watching the game he loves and I got to sit in the nice night air with a little peace and quiet.
Since Matt's riding buddy was out of town for the weekend, Matt suggested that I ride bikes with him on Saturday. Again, having babysitters handy, I couldn't turn down the offer. The Natchez Trace was beautiful, but 22 miles later, I began to reconsider my eagerness to tag along. I guess he forgot that I was riding a mountain bike...not a suped up road bike like he was, and that he has been training for a triathlon while I've been at home watching kiddos. Thankfully, my spinning class came in handy because I really didn't get sore. Who knows? I may just decide to do a triathlon myself!Once we got back, Caroline informed me that she needed to teach Mamaw Kat to swim, so we headed to the pool for the kids to show off their swimming skills.
Since we opted not to do swimming lessons this summer, Matt and I have been teaching the kids to swim. Suprisingly, they are doing really well. Both will jump in the pool without floaties or a noodle and both can swim underwater. Caroline is beginning to swim short distances by herself, but still prefers to have a noodle under her belly.




No comments:
Post a Comment