Sunday, January 20, 2008
He finally got a vehicle!
This week marks a very historic event in our family...Matt got another vehicle. The reason this is such a momentous occasion is because Matt has been driving "Ol' Red" since high school. It has been through alot with Matt...college, grad school (he picked me up for our 1st date in Ol' Red), and moving to Dothan. Needless to say, Matt has been needing something else to drive for a while now, especially since neither of our children can ride with him. I think what really put Matt over the edge was when he had to take both kids to school on Thursday morning. By the time he got to work he was in a full sweat and it was 30 degrees outside. (I couldn't help but laugh a little because I've been doing double duty for 3 months now.) By Friday afternoon, Matt had purchased a Ford Expedition. While he was heavily tempted by a new Hummer, his logic and philosophy to "save, save, save" caused him to purchase a used vehicle. As he says, it is in great condition and it is all a matter of perspective. After driving a 5-speed for nearly 13 years, it is a major step up to have leather seats, a sunroof and plenty of space for the family to ride along. In case you were wondering, we kept Ol' Red...Matt couldn't bear to part ways with him. As for Caroline, she loved "Daddy's ride" as she calls it and has already made a trip to Wal-Mart with Daddy to test it out. When I picked her up from school on Monday, she quickly informed me that she didn't want to ride in Mommy's car, she wanted Daddy's truck. I told her that though she might have to lower her standards a little, I was her only hope in getting home. She slowly conceded and hopped in my car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I just knew it would be maroon for some reason. White, huh? kdk
Post a Comment