Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

We hope everyone has a very Happy Valentine's Day. I returned from Nashville last night after being away for 2 nights at a conference for work. Needless to say, we were all extremely excited for me to be back home. I don't know who screamed louder when I walked in the door...me or Caroline. Matt managed to take care of both children by himself while I was away, and I couldn't be more proud of him. Despite challenges early on in my trip (I called several times and both kids were screaming in the background), he pulled it together and conquered the challenge. I think this Valentine's Day we will both have a greater appreciation for each other.

Below are some pictures from my recent photo shoot with the kids. I made homemade Valentine's Day cards for some of our family members and ended up just using one of the photos; however, some of the funniest ones are the many, many attempts I made at getting the "perfect" photo. Here is how it went:

In the 1st picture Caroline says, "Broder, look at the camera. Smile broder".


The next picture: "Broder, cross your legs like me."



And next..."Hug, Big Boy."



And then I think she whispers to Will..."Sit back and relax Big Boy 'cause Mommy can't get it together...she's going to take 1000 pictures before this is over."


And FINALLY....the perfect picture:



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy,
Kristin gave me the link to your blog so I am reading. It's funny that Caroline calls will Broder. I called Darrell brudder. Mom used to tell me it kind of sounded like butter. Siblings are wonderful!!!

Carly Guy Long