Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mal's St. Patty's Day Parade

So we, along with thousands of others, decided to go to the St. Patty's Day Parade in Jackson on Saturday. I had never been, but have heard all sorts of things about it so I thought it might be fun to see what it was all about. Well it did not lack for entertainment...that is for sure. The Sweet Potato Queens graced the parade with their presence and following them were the Sweet Potato Wannabees, then there were all of the crazy floats that followed. Beads were plentiful, so Will and I left with a neck full. Unfortunately, Caroline was still at Nana's house, so she missed out on the festivities. To be honest, I was a little glad because even though we were in the "kid friendly" section, there were sights I prefer my toddler not see because of the many questions that might follow. This lovely couple decided to tie the knot on a float in the parade. What a way to start off your marriage, don't you think?!The parade lasted a long 3 hours, but we only lasted for 2 1/2. We had seen all of the crazies we needed to see for the year, and Will was ready for a nap. By far the best part of the day was our reunion with Caroline. I hate to admit it, but I think she was happier to see her brother than either of her parents. When they saw each other, they both squealed with delight and embraced each other in what seemed like eternity. It brought smiles to all those watching around us. I guess the ol' saying "absence can make the heart grow fonder" applies to kids too!

No comments: