
Unfortunately, it seems as if our dream home is quickly becoming our nightmare home because April of this year marks the one-year anniversary of our home in Dothan being on the market. Lucky for us, the housing crisis struck just a month or two after we had sealed the deal to move to Mississippi, so what we at first thought would be an easy sale has now become a dreaded money pit in our life. This past weekend Matt and I made a trip to South Alabama to see how everything was holding up and thankfully our housekeeper and yard guy (yes, we pay someone to keep the house up we aren't living in but do it ourself in the house we actually live in) are doing a great job. Plus, the neighbors are ensuring no one suspicious is hanging around. That being said, it did make me really sad to see the house I absolutely loved, but I must admit, it seems as if the drive to Dothan has doubled in length and that is without kids in tow. Case in point, I actually started and nearly completed smocking Caroline's Easter dress:

I guess we have really gotten spoiled to being so close to our family these days and is truly a blessing to be able to spend so much more time them.

As for Dothan, it is about the same. Of course, we would be in town during a monsoon...and I'm really not joking. It was the worst rainstorm I have ever seen there and keep in mind that we lived there for 6 years. When we drove around, streets and houses were flooded. It was terrible. Our 2nd home (don't you love that spin on it?) is on a hill, so thankfully we weren't affected. After the sun finally came out, we visited a few friends and had dinner at the Old Mill (our favorite Dothan restaurant) with Rick and Missy. Oh, how we miss this fun couple! Missy can get a laugh out of us in seconds and they have been so sweet to keep in close touch with us since our move. It just goes to show that even though you might not live close by anymore, you can always remain close friends and thankfully Rick and Missy will be just that! We miss you guys and look forward to seeing you again soon!
In closing, please add our house to your prayer list. It really is a wonderful house and would make some family very happy, so we will just wait for God to send them to us!
2 comments:
I have added it to my prayer list. It looks like a great house. I'll pray that it will move quickly!
I did talk to that couple about your house. They are thinking, but the business he is in is slow slow right now. She liked what she saw on the internet and will call me if she wants to look inside. Sorry I didn't know you all were here this weekend, would have loved to see you both. I was also working on Easter outfits. Have a great week. Kathy G
Post a Comment