
My grandmother recently celebrated her 85th birthday. Mommaw is a true Proverbs 31 woman, as she has loved and cared for our family just as God called a woman to do. She has been an inspiration in my life and I love her dearly. Though the last few years have been tough on her physically, she has handled it with grace and dignity, which makes me respect her even more. I strongly believe that you never really know a person until you see them go through tough times...only then is there true character revealed. She has shown me over the past few years that she is indeed the strong, faithful person I believed her to be.
Of course, she would be lost without her faithful sidekick...my Pappaw. Witnessing the love and care he provides her on a daily basis is beyond words.
The weekend before her big day, we helped her celebrate a little early with a birthday party. Our family always enjoys a birthday because that gives us a good excuse to make homemade ice cream and cook out on the grill (not that we ever really need an excuse, but it makes us feel better about consuming all those calories). Of course the kids were thrilled that they got to see their cousins, Miriam and Thomas, and Miriam's boyfriend Michael.
Miriam was our babysitter this summer and sometimes Michael came with her to help keep our little monkeys entertained. So, needless to say, Caroline and Will jump for joy when they see them because they love playing with Miriam.
I believe Mommaw really enjoyed her party, including my old homecoming crown she borrowed since she was the queen of the day. It would have been the perfect party if Aunt KK and Stephen, and Rachel and Claude could have been there, but they were talked about! But, in true Webb fashion, Mommaw and Pappaw froze some cake for you guys to enjoy the next time y'all are in town...that is if it is sooner rather than later because the rest of us knows where to find it! :)







1 comment:
I want some of that cake!!! This story touched my heart. I miss my grandmother. She was Provers 31 woman too!
Post a Comment