For starters, the kids and I headed to Philly a few weekends ago to see Neshoba Central play football. 
Correction...I should say that we really went to the game to see Uncle A play the drums. This year he is captain of the drumline and I must say that he is doing a mighty fine job at keeping everyone on beat.
Of course while we were at Pop and Mimi's we had to ride Durango and drive Pop's tractor.Matt and I decided to take the kids swimming for one last time before the cooler weather arrives. Every day they ask me if it is hot enough to go swimming, but for some reason the water is freezing, so it looks like that has come to an end.
I am proud to report that Caroline has turned into a little fish over the summer and is basically swimming on her own. Her confidence sometimes wavers, but all and all she has come a long way over the summer. Matt and I are giving each other pats on the back because we decided to give it a try and teach her to swim instead of signing her up for swim lessons. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope that she continues to progress next year or otherwise, we'll be enlisting the help of a professional! Will still prefers the comfort of his floaties, and I'm not opposed to it because I can barely keep up with the little stinker at the pool.

Both girls have a fan club member who accompanies them to their class each week. Will patiently sits in his little chair (well, as patiently as he can possibly be) and watches them dance around the room. During tumble class the other day, the teacher noticed how entrigued Will was and asked if he wanted to take a try on the tumble mat. He hopped up as quick as lightning and ran over for a turn. He did a great job and afterwards, all of the girls gave him an applause! He couldn't have been more proud of himself.
And last but not least...while Caroline was still taking a nap the other day, I caught her little brother trying out her tap shoes. I decided to put them up so he wouldn't get to comfortable in them because I'm not sure what his Daddy would think of it!




No comments:
Post a Comment