Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mamaw Kat!



As it turned out, the day we left to go to Aunt KK's was also Mamaw Kat's birthday.  So, Pappaw and I planned a little birthday surprise and met for lunch at Cracker Barrell.  Mamaw Kat was suprised and happy to see her little monkeys.  Unfortunately, we hadn't planned our little surprise until after we mailed Mamaw Kat's handmade birthday card...and because of my perfectionist, it took us forever to actually finish it so I knew it was going to arrive late.  Oh well, if I got a precious card like this is the mail, I wouldn't care how late it was.

 In case you were wondering, there are little pieces of paper taped on the card.  Caroline did not want to have any mistakes in her card so every time she messed up a little, we had to start over.  After several tossed cards, I came up with placing little pieces of paper over the mistake so that she could then write a more perfect letter.  She found it acceptable, so I was greatly relieved. Don't you just love the family portrait she included?

Of course she wouldn't dare let her little brother write on her card, so he gladly made his own.

Mamaw Kat's birthday surprise was a perfect plan...a break from riding in the car, good food and getting to give Mamaw Kat a birthday kiss! 

No comments: