Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Easter Carnival


This past Saturday our church held its annual Easter Carnival. Since Mamaw Kat, Pappaw and Aunt Erin were in town, they were able to get in on all of the fun too. Caroline invited her buddy Isabella to the carnival as well, so that made the day even more fun. We all had a good time enjoying the inflatables (yes, the big kids tried out the big slide), hamburgers, cookies, popcorn, sand art, crafts, music and bubbles. Thankfully there were plenty of inflatables so Caroline was satisfied with the amount of time she was able to jump around in the jumpy inflatable. (In case you're wondering, I don't know the proper name for it.) To top things off, the weather was absolutely beautiful.

Later that evening, Matt and I had the opportunity to go on a DATE. Yes, a date without children. We went to the Red Owl Plantation and truly enjoyed ourselves. We didn't talk alot because we just wanted to enjoy the silence for a bit.

Here are a few pictures from our big play day. I had to crop one of the slide pictures because I am trying to keep our family blog suitable for all audiences. Despite having on a skirt, Missy couldn't resist trying ou t the slide for herself, so we all got a little extra "show". :)

No comments: