Saturday, March 1, 2008

Our Little Songbird



This morning, Caroline woke up at her usual time...6 a.m. I decided to put her in bed with us in hopes that she would fall back to sleep so that we could get a little more shut-eye, especially since our Little Fellow has been keeping us (or rather me) up at night. Well, it seemed to work for a little while, and then all of the sudden, she decided to burst into song. Instead of telling us to "get up", she instead serenaded us for quite a while. She sang, "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Moon, Moon, Moon", "Deep and Wide" and counted for us. Despite being a little tired this morning, I must say that hearing that sweet innocent voice sing was one of the most precious moments in my life. After she had sung her little heart out, she decided that Daddy would be the early riser this morning (much to my delight). She pushed on him as hard as she could and told him to get up. He reluctantly agreed since I've been the one with sleep deprivation these days, and soon the two of them were off to Chick-fil-A. Matt said she was beside herself she was so happy. Caroline loves getting out and about and equally enjoys a good chicken biscuit. He said she repeatedly told him how much she loved him while in the restaurant and ate all of the biscuit. I was so glad to hear that they enjoyed themselves while I was catching some zzzzs.

Later today Caroline had her friends over. We have several precious little girls who live in our cul-de-sac and they love Caroline's new little beetle car. Despite being older, Faith Ellen and Mabry seemed to enjoy spending the afternoon with Caroline. They made mud pies and played with play dough. Caroline was so excited to have big girls over. It was so cute to watch her interact with them. I can tell already that she enjoys being around people and isn't too terribly shy...hmmm, wonder where she gets that?

If you're wondering what Will has been up to this week...here goes. He is still recovering from an ear infection and I'm starting to wonder if the medicine has even worked. Perhaps it is not his ears that are bothering him now, but instead his tummy from that antibiotic. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. Friday he turned 4 months old and despite being a little under the weather, he seemed to have a good time with Mommy during our quick shopping trip. Caroline was at play school, so we took care of a couple errands. I have a feeling that I should enjoy these few shopping trips with him because he will probably take after his Daddy and not want to step foot in a mall if he can help it.

Earlier this week Will entertained us at dinner by laughing at Caroline as she ate. I held him in my arms as I ate to ease his cries, and in doing so, he got to see his big sister in action. It was the cutest thing...out of no where, he started kackling. She thought it was equally as funny and laughed back. So, for about 5 minutes during dinner, they laughed back and forth. In addition, Caroline is teaching Will how to put on his socks. The picture below catches them in action. Oh the fun they will have once he starts becoming more mobile!

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

How did you catch the photo of Will with his tongue sticking out? It's soooo cute!! Oh, I meant to reply to your e-mail ... will do so soon. We accepted jobs at LSU and will be moving there in August!! Woo hoo! Only 3 hrs from both sets of grandparents!