Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catching Up

Unfortunately, it took a few days to get internet access in the new condo (Caroline's name for it), and I quickly learned that I am addicted to the internet. I went into withdrawals after two days without it...even Matt noticed I was a little on edge about not being able to surf the net. Thankfully, I finally got access! In the meantime, I've missed some pretty big events so this post is for catching up.

First off...Happy Mother's Day! Our family is so fortunate to have wonderful mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers. Our lives would not be the same without them. They are all precious and we love them very much. As for me, I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mother. My life is much richer and enjoyable with my precious babies in it. Granted, it is the toughest job I have ever had, but it is by far the most rewarding. Matt and I took the kids to the park and for ice cream to celebrate Mother's Day and had a blast.
The 13th of May was my Daddy's birthday, so Happy Birthday, Pop! I can't wait to get you out on the tennis court and prove that you are officially over the hill!

The 14th of May was Matt's sister, Erin's birthday...so Happy Birthday wishes go out to Aunt Erin too! Bless her heart, Caroline is all confused about all of the birthdays this month and can't seem to get the song out of her head.

On Wednesday, the 15th, my precious little boy gave me the best Mother's Day present by saying MaMa for the first time. He actually said it several times (while crying for me of course) and it was so distinct that even Caroline noticed. She said, "Mommy, Will said MaMa. Go get him." Precious!

While last week was full of pleasant events, I also experienced a major loss. As if not having internet access was enough...my new digital camera bit the dust! UGH! I quickly shipped it off for repair, so hopefully I'll be back in business again soon. I am a picture taking fanatic, so I think my kids are glad I don't have one readily available. But you know me...I've got a plan....Pop and Mimi said I could borrow their spare camera! Yeah....I won't miss anything afterall!

1 comment:

DK Baria said...

glad you are back online and that you are halfway settled. welcome back to mississippi you ole country girl! remember, you were the one who turned my delta belle into a country redneck!!! love you anyway. i will get in touch when i get to jax. can't wait to see y'all. mama dk