Friday, May 2, 2008

Final Farewells

Today was the last day for Matt and me to work at Flowers Hospital, for Will to go to Evergreen Presbyterian, and for Caroline to go to 1st Presbyterian. I knew this day would be hard because it would mean it is time to say farewell to all of the many wonderful friends we have made over the years. Our family has been so blessed to be able to get to know so many kind people who have become our extended family.I have worked 6 years at Flowers and Matt has worked there for 5 (previously he worked at a sister hospital down the road in Enterprise). Our careers have blossomed over the years and much of that is attributed to the leaders (Keith, Talana, Suzanne, Joey, Dan, etc.) at Flowers. We will always be grateful to them for giving the two of us a chance, for their patience in dealing with "green" graduates, for the many things they have taught us over the years, and for their support of our decision to pursue other opportunities. We will miss everyone, but truly feel that God has given us a wonderful opportunity to move closer to family, while still being able to work at a high quality healthcare organization. I've included a few pictures from our last day at the hospital. If you are wondering where Matt is, well he was missing in action...he was visiting other departments during the picture shoot.

Also, there are some precious pictures of the kids with their daycare teachers. I cannot say enough good things about Ms. Pat, Ms. Wyndi, Ms. Barbara, and Ms. Tamara at Evergreen and Ms. Delores and Ms. Victoria at 1st Presbyterian. I can honestly say that I was never concerned about the care my children received while under these ladies supervision. For those of you who really know me....this says a great deal because I have awfully high expectations and want the best for my kids. These ladies do an excellent job, and I am so thankful that God put them in our lives.

In closing, I know that Matt and I will look back on the past few years as some of the happiest times in our lives. Before graduate school, neither Matt nor I had ever heard of Dothan, Alabama. After visiting, we quickly fell in love with the town and as a result it makes our upcoming departure bittersweet. If only Dothan were a little closer to our families! As for Flowers Hospital....well, it is where both of us began our careers and had our children...need I say more? I would not take anything for the memories we have made in Dothan, Alabama, and I will cherish every friendship I have made here forever. For my Dothan friends who may be reading this right now, THANK YOU for all of the fun times and please keep in touch with us. We will miss you!

No comments: