Thursday, September 3, 2009

Caroline's 1st sleepover

This post is way past due, but I want it in our scrapbook at the end of the year so here goes. (In case you are wondering, you can make a very neat scrapbook out of all of your blog posts and since I am the world's worst in scrapbooking, it is a life saver for me.)The night before Hunter's first day of school (he started the 1st grade this year), Mecie asked if I could keep Helen while they went to meet his teacher. I of course said yes and then thought a minute...this would be a great time for Helen to spend the night with Caroline. Caroline had been begging to have Helen stay with her, so I figured why not. I really was not the least concerned with how a 3-year old and a 4-year old would handle a spend the night party, because these two are like peas in a pod. They get along so well together and Helen is Miss Independent, so I knew she wouldn't cry to go home during the night.
Well, we did typical spend the night rituals like braiding our hair (Mecie told me that was a must if I was going to manage fixing Helen's curly hair in the morning), painted our nails, and played with baby dolls. But, I think the girls would agree that their favorite thing that we did was go swimming. We went late in the evening and stayed until 9pm. Since we were the only ones at the pool, they had a hayday! So much so that they begged to go back the following day. I obliged and we went back for another 3 hours that afternoon until it was time for Helen to go home. The girls had a blast and Caroline is already asking when we can do it again.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Did Caroline already lose a tooth?

Matt Calvert Family said...

Ok...fill me in...how do you do your scrapbook from your blog at the end of the year? I've been trying to decide the easiest way to do that...you can e-mail me at mandi_calvert@yahoo.com.