Last night as we were getting ready for bed, we performed our typical routine. Caroline took a shower (a new thing for her that she just loves), we said our prayers (in which she remembered to thank God for Mommaw and Pappaw's new puppy that she met during her last MS visit) and then I laid down beside her to help her fall asleep. I know there are some parents who have mastered the art of putting their child in bed and then letting them drift off to sleep by themselves, but I'm not one of them. Instead, I have chosen to rock my children to sleep, lay down beside them and rub their back, or do a combination of both. It takes alot more time, but I know these days will quickly pass, so I want to cherish every minute I can while they still want me beside them as they drift of to dreamland.
Last night Caroline was a little more restless than usual so I proceeded to rub her back to help her relax. This is something both my mom and Matt's mom did for us, so naturally we do it to our children. (It is amazing the things you find yourself doing that your parents did.) Anyway, that didn't seem to work, so I stopped and pretended to be falling asleep myself. Well, after a few moments, my precious angel decided I needed my back rubbed. Before I knew it, she had pulled the back of my shirt up ever so gently and began to rub my back. I was so touched by her sweet little gesture while at the same time I couldn't help but laugh a little about how much she copies our actions. Caroline is the sweetest child (of course I'm partial) and the love she shows us each day is immeasurable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
How sweet!
Post a Comment