Monday, August 18, 2008

Caroline's 1st Haircut

We thought the day would never come...but just as my grandmother said it would, it did at last! You see, for the longest my darling little girl has never had enough hair to warrant a haircut. According to my grandmother, it runs in the family because she told me that when I was little she was so worried I would never have much hair on my head. She then told me that she obviously had nothing to worry about because I have too much hair now. Hmmm...does that mean she thinks I need a haircut?

Anyway, over the past few months it seems Caroline's hair has grown so much and I have been debating over whether or not I should trim it a little to give it a little "shape" as my grandmother calls it. She also has always said that a little trim will make it grow thicker. I'm not convinced of that, but since Caroline could still stand for a little more hair, it is worth a try! Luckily for us Aunt KK, aka Miss Jack-of-All-Trades, had a brand new pair of trimming sheers in her suitcase (who knows why) that she was dying to use. Caroline seemed to really like the idea, so we turned Mammaw's kitchen into a beauty salon. Surprisingly, Caroline sat still though the whole "trim" and Aunt KK did a great job...so much so, I hopped in the chair and got a trim too! Boy have things changed...I remember when we were teenagers and I let Kristin WACK and I mean WACK my hair! Hormones were raging and I don't think we spoke to each other for a week over the whole fiasco. She vowed to never agree to trim my hair again and I vowed to never ask her to again. Obviously she has gotten more practice and I my temper has toned down alot as well because this time around was smooth sailing. Since Aunt KK seems to come home every few months, I figure we can assume the role of our beautician permanently!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The funny thing is I cute your hair the same way the 2nd time as I did the 1st. It's just more stylish now, so you liked it. See, all that time I knew what was stylish for you. hehe.