
Don't these veggies look delicious? These are the result of blood, sweat and tears. Well, maybe not blood, but definitely a lot of sweat and a few tears that were shed by my little one when a garden bug introduced

himself to her. My grandparents' garden proved to be a big hit with my kids as they absolutely loved going out to the garden every day while we were in town to see what was ready to pick. I've always known that gardens are hard work, but I strongly believe they are well worth it.

It is great to watch it grow, and I think it teaches kids a lot...how the rain and sun help things grow, what all the vegetables look like and most importantly responsibility. After all, nothing gets to the table for us to eat without someone's hard work. I really appreciate my grandfather and all of the work he put into the garden. We couldn't have enjoyed all of the yummy summer treats without him!
No comments:
Post a Comment