Once we got to Mammaw and Pappaw's house, the Christmas festivities began. Before we ate, Miriam obliged us with her rendition of O Holy Night, a yearly request from my grandmother. She has the
voice of an angel, and I even think Will agrees because he actually sat still throughout her entire song.While Caroline and Will kids overdosed on our Christmas punch (something we have EVERY Christmas eve), they barely touched their food because they couldn't wait to open all of the presents. Caroline was so excited when Miriam gave her a present and wouldn't you know...it was a pink cell phone....just what she was wanting!

As the evening drew to a close, Caroline and I made certain that we told Speedy that we would be staying at Mammaw's house tonight and to tell Santa to bring our presents there. We also made certain to put out reindeer food on the lawn to help them find their way to us.
Things have changed over the years with our family...we've all grown up, some of us have gotten married, I've had kids and we've all moved away, but one thing remains....we have all been blessed with two wonderful grandparents who have always opened their home and their hearts to us. I am so thankful for all the memories we have shared at their house and look forward to many more.




No comments:
Post a Comment