
Christmas evening, we had a wonderful traditional dinner (all prepared by my Mom which made it even better) and then topped it off with a birthday cake to celebrate Jesus's birthday.

Afterwards, the kids had a few more presents to open from Nana and Pop Buddy, and Caroline gave Nana her the homemade present she and Will had made for her. Of course Nana loved it and Caroline was thrilled she made it for her.

Later in the evening, Caroline and I took Mammaw and Pappaw to look at Christmas lights, something they had been wanting to do all season. Caroline made sure I played her favorite Christmas songs (Drummer Boy by Mercy Me and Joy to the World by George Strait) for them as we rode along. We timed our little outing just right because when we returned, the kitchen was clean. That was the best Christmas present ever to me...a home cooked meal I didn't prepare and dirty dishes I didn't have to clean. With everything in it's place that meant only one thing....time to finally sit down and RELAX! I guess we were so busy that we forgot to take the traditional family photo by the tree, so the best group shot I have is when we were all waving bye to KK on Friday morning. Thankfully, the goodbye tears hadn't started yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment