
I decided to skip the nap and instead challenged Mamaw Elsie to a game of Checkers. Mamaw
Elsie and I have played each other in Checkers ever since Matt and I began dating and let me tell you something...this 91-year-old is serious about her Checkers game. I cannot believe what I am about to say...but Mamaw Elsie beat me! I could make excuses about how I really wasn't concentrating too hard on the game because I thought it would be an easy win, but I'll not go there. No, she beat me fair and square. She is so deliberate in each move and therefore takes a good bit of time between each play, but it obviously worked for her. She'll be so pleased that I am admitting my defeat and putting this on the blog, but her victory is only for a little while. Come Christmas, I'll show her who the Checkers Champion really is!After we left West Monroe, we went to visit Aunt Clay and Uncle Richard and all of the other cousins. Despite being stuffed, we managed to eat a little more and the kids enjoyed playing with Mary Clare, Ben, Andrew and Daniel. Pappaw even volunteered to be a horse for a little while. We were thrilled to discover that Daniel has learned how to do "The Michael Phelps"...just check him out!


I hope everyone had as good a Thanksgiving as we did. It is always fun to spend time with family and eat 'til you just about pop!




No comments:
Post a Comment