
During my Mom's recent visit, we made a special trip to the Bass Pro Shop to visit Santa at his workshop. On the way, I asked Caroline if she was going to sit in his lap and she informed me that she wouldn't sit in his lap, but would just stand by him. Since her brother doesn't meet a stranger, Will happily sat on Santa's knee and began to check him out. Caroline couldn't be outdone, so she joined Will and happily sat on Santa's other knee. I was in total shock. I was expecting the Santa visit to go similarly to last year's escapade when Caroline was in total fear of the jolly old man and Will spit up on his nice red suit. Children are just so unpredictable! Thankfully, I took my camera and got a few cute shots of their conversation with Santa.


When she got off his knee, I asked Caroline what she told him she wanted for Christmas and she quickly replied, "a slide". This was no surprise because she requested the slide the 1st time we saw Santa at the Bass Pro S

hop on opening night of the holiday season. We, along with hundreds of other families, made a special trip to see Santa light up the store and open his Christmas village. As he was walking throughout the store to turn the lights on, he passed by Caroline who took the opportunity to yell at him as he passed her. She was in Matt's arms so that she could see and I heard him chuckle. I knew she must have done something funny and then I heard, "Santa...I want a slide...I want a slide." Too cute! As for Will, well, after we left Santa, he started pointing and yelling once he saw what he wanted for Christmas. Unbelievable! He can't even talk yet and he already throws a fit when he sees big boy toys with wheels.

I forgot to mention that before we went to the Bass Pro Shop with Nana, she also took us to Miskelly's to ride the carousel. Caroline is a huge fan of carousels, and according to Nana, Miskelly's had a nice one. I was a little skeptical because it is a furniture store. Business must be good because the carousel did not disappoint!
1 comment:
I think you are the only person I know who has taken their kids to se Santa at Bass Pro Shop!! Cute pictures! And the carousel at Miskelley's is huge! There is a 2 story one in Monroe now at Pecanland mall..
Post a Comment