
Oh, isn't Christmas the best time of the year? I absolutely love the holiday season...from the birth of Christ to the decorations to the yummy food to the excitement of my children on Christmas morning. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child is so wonderful!

This year our family began decorating our house for the holidays on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Caroline and Will really enjoyed getting all of the ornaments out of the box because usually I tell them to leave everything in the box. When Caroline would get something out, she'd ask if it was

breakable. I guess she thought she would be extra careful if it was after her recent spill at Mamaw Kat's house. Will, on the other hand, could care less if it was breakable or not...he was going to touch it, toss it, throw it...you name it, he tried it. Despite many warnings, he had to learn the hard way (with a slap on the hand) that you do not touch the ornaments once they are on the tree. (Grandmothers....there was no blood shed, so don't get distressed about the picture of him crying. It was short lived.) So far he has been better about keeping his distance. If he decides to be hard headed, I guess I'll have to pull out my play yard to protect the tree from Demolition Man like my friend Laura did. Anyway, I'm one of those people who likes to decorate almost every room of the house, so needless to say, I have lots of Christmas decor. While most of the house is decorated, I still have a little more to do. When we're finished, I'll put a Christmas Open House on the blog!
2 comments:
Although Mommie is Christmas SuperWoman, it appears Caroline and Will both don't enjoy the festivities by their frowns. just kidding. I heard Santa will still deliver to Philadelphia and that his elves will help transport the presents!!
Reporting for duty: Donald Elf & Mary Poppins Elf
So cute! I love the last picture!
Post a Comment