Saturday, January 10, 2009

Favorite Christmas Memories

As I've stated earlier, Christmas is my favorite time of year. After the hustle and bustle is over and the new year begins, I usually hit a little funk as I'm sure most people do. Unfortunately, this funk has gotten worse since I've had kids. Primarily, I assume, because I enjoy watching them enjoy all of the excitement of Christmas. As I look back on this Christmas, I can't help but smile when I think of how Caroline and Will enjoyed all of the lights and ornaments on the tree. Will just couldn't resist touching them every chance he got. Caroline tried her best to keep him at bay, but he somehow always managed to slip by the both of us to get a quick touch of one hanging just low enough for him to grab. He was especially excited when we visited our family because that meant he could explore new trees with new ornaments. Oh, what fun!

Despite their love for Christmas trees and their shiny, tantalizing ornaments, my kids were most fascinated with learning about the manger scene this year. I should clarify that it was mainly Caroline that really got into identifying all of the characters that surround the Baby Jesus, because at this stage, Will just follows her lead.Although I have a manger that I display at our home, Caroline instantly fell in love with the manger at Nana's. She especially loved the fact that she could actually hold the Baby Jesus. She rocked Him in her hands, kissed Him and took Him for a stroll in her baby stroller. It was precious! The pictures of her adoring the Baby Jesus will forever be some of my favorite from this Christmas season.

No comments: