
Last week, the kids and I packed our bags once again and headed to Nana and Pop Buddy's house for a short visit. Since Matt has been working a good bit lately and Nana was out of school, it gave us the perfect excuse. While we were there, Caroline enjoyed "tea time" with Nana and learned how to stick out her little finger in order to look prissy. (This is a very old tradition in my family. My grandfather always kidded my grandmother about going to her ladies' club to have coffee. He said that in order to go, you had to learn to drink tea while sticking out your little pinky finger. So...the tradition continues...) Anyway, Caroline also participated in her first UNO game. She really seemed to enjoy it and was actually rather good at it. I fondly remember playing UNO with my grandparents and cousins on the weekends when I was a kid. It seems like just yesterday. I can hardly believe I'm teaching my daughter how to play already. Boy, time flies.

Anyway, Will's highlight of the trip was when Pop Buddy brought him a ring pop. It's obvious that Will loves Pop Buddy because he was willing to share some of his ring pop with him. Unfortunately, just as he was getting good and nasty, he dropped it and it broke all to pieces. I bet next time Pop Buddy will buy a back up in order to avoid the tears that followed.

No comments:
Post a Comment