Thursday, January 22, 2009

He keeps going and going and going

It's becoming quite a routine for me to have to explain how my little man got his latest bruise, bump or scratch. Basically, I've decided that if he is not in a cast, we're doing fine because the dude is rough and tough and won't let a little boo boo get him down.

For instance, just this week, he fell at the gym and got a carpet burn on his forehead (or so I'm told by the gym babysitter). Thankfully that is just about healed, so that made room for his latest injury....his first bloody nose. Yes, while running in the house he tripped over Sally (Caroline's doll) and landed smack dab on his nose. Blood was gushing everywhere and it scared me half to death. Of course I thought he might have broken it, but as soon as I got the blood flow under control, he calmed down. That being the case, I think he'll be fine...maybe just a little swelling.

To help him feel better, I made his favorite for dinner...spaghetti. When Daddy got home, he made sure to show him that his nose was a little swollen. bit that his spaghetti was making it all better. In case you're wondering...yes, I let him feed himself spaghetti. It's messy but he loves it and I don't mind cleaning up the mess afterwords too much.