Monday, April 6, 2009

Beth Moore and New Orleans

This past weekend, I went with my cousin, Mecie, and her church to the Beth Moore conference in New Orleans. I've done Beth Moore studies in the past, but I had never gone to one of her events. What a wonderful experience it was. I felt like she was speaking directly to me the entire time. Plus, there is something so uplifting to be amongst a large group of believers who are thankful to have such a wonderful Savior. I also really enjoyed having a weekend to spend with Mecie without having to care for our kids (who can be a REAL handful when they get together).


We stayed at St. Pierre in the French Quarter and enjoyed wonderful food at Murials and Bubba Gump's. Of course, on our way to the hotel we took a slight detour and unintentionally ended up touring some of the devastation of Katrina. It was so sad to see how the city still has not fully recovered, and it really brought home to me just how bad it was for those unfortunate familes who had to experience the storm and its aftermath firsthand.While Mecie and I were enjoying ourselves, I was not the least bit concerned about my husband and kids because Mamaw Kat and Pappaw came to town to help out. When I came home, I was greeted by a nicely manicured lawn. In addition, they cleaned all of the nasty pollen off the back porch so that we can start enjoying this nice weather we're having a little more. Though I'm sure Matt could have handled a night alone with the kids, I know he was glad to have a few more hands to help corral them to bed. Plus, the kids and grandparents get a kick out of seeing each other. That being said, I'm already planning my next Beth Moore conference!

No comments: