Monday, April 27, 2009

When the kids are away...

...Mama and Daddy will play! For the last few days, the kids went to visit Matt's parents in Louisiana. Since we aren't home without them much, we took advantage of every minute of our freedom. I warned Matt beforehand that the kitchen would officially be closed the entire time the kids were gone, so he better decide where we would be dining all weekend. On Friday, I cleaned the house like it had never been cleaned before and then found a little time to sew an outfit for Caroline. Once Matt got home, we went to dinner, picked him up a new pair of running shoes and enjoyed a relaxful evening at home. I must admit, it was a little quiet and we both talked about the kids alot. Saturday morning, we headed to Philly to ride horses with my Dad.Afterwards, Matt helped Pappaw with the garden while I pampered Mommaw. After I cut, colored and styled her hair (which she said was styled like a young gal would wear and didn't quite suit her age), I took Mommaw for a ride down to her old "homeplace" as she fondly calls it.
Uncle Wendell was tickled that we came for a visit and was proud to show off his cows and new pupppy. Since my Dad was home alone for the weekend, I met him for dinner while Matt entertained my grandparents. When we got ready to head back home, Pappaw and Mommaw told us how much they enjoyed our "adult" visit. Granted, they really missed seeing the kids, but since they weren't with us, we got to pamper them a little more than usual.

On Sunday, we went to church, ate out again, went swimming and fiddled around the house. By the time the weekend came to an end, I had managed to sew two new outfits for each of the kids. Needless to say, we got a lot done with the kids gone, but we can't wait until the little stinkers get back home. I am sure they will have lots to tell us about their stay with Mamaw Kat and Pappaw.

3 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

LOVE the outfits! I especially like the ruffle pants outfit ;) - did you get the material at quilt arts? cute, cute.

The Long Family said...

Angola was great and there were actually lots of kids. We might make i back to church one day soon!

Miriam said...

Hey Mandy!
I just wanted to let you know that I like Mammaw's hairdo :) Hope we see you guys soon!