This past weekend, Matt's parents (aka Mamaw Kat and Pappaw) came for a short visit. Matt and I seized the opportunity to run errands and enjoy a kidless lunch. Afterwards, we all loaded up to go to the Bass Pro Shop. I must mention that this is the 2nd weekend in a row we have shopped there. I'm not a personal fan of the store, but Matt and his Dad foam at the mouth when they get within 5 miles of the place. Caroline also seems to like going there because of the fish tank and wildlife they have. I don't think it has registered with her that the bears, deer, alligators and other animals at the store aren't alive and have actually been stuffed so that we can enjoy seeing them. Anyway, my favorite thing about going to the Bass Pro Shop is getting to aggravate Matt as he is shopping just as he has done me for years. My favorite line is: "Is this a want or a need?"
Well, after we left the store, we realized the Mississippi Braves game was just about to get underway. Since the stadium was located across the street, we thought we'd give it a try. Though we didn't stay for the entire game, we did make it through the 6th inning with both kids enjoying the game. My only disappointment about the game was that it wasn't planned into our schedule and therefore I didn't take my camera to get pictures. Matt said I would get over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment