Thursday, April 2, 2009

Caroline's 1st Trip to the Dentist

Today Caroline had her 1st dentist appointment with Dr. Amy Jones in Madison. Since we had been talking it up for a while, she was actually looking forward to the visit with only a slight bit of apprehension. When we walked in, there were tons of fun toys to play with, so Caroline felt right at home. Christy, the dental hygienist, was so sweet and explained everything to Caroline before she began. She even let Caroline pick out a toothbrush that she used to help clean her teeth during the exam.I don't know why I was apprehensive at all, because Caroline was a champ....no tears, no squirmies, no questions. She just laid back, opened her mouth as wide as she could (which according to the dentist isn't that wide because she has such a small mouth...I guess we know whose mouth she didn't inherit). According to Dr. Jones, Caroline doesn't have any cavities, but needs to start flossing to avoid future cavities because her mouth is so small which causes her teeth to be close together. The eager patient was excited about using floss, so this shouldn't be a problem. When it was all over, Caroline got to pick a prize out of a treasure chest which made the visit just perfect in her opinion (and mine as well).
When they walked out of the room, Caroline said, "we will have to come back and do this again sometime." Here's Caroline showing off her new pearly whites:
I should have known that the visit couldn't be that perfect because Dr. Jones dropped a bombshell on me. Yep, she highly recommended that Will come with Caroline at her next appointment and get his teeth cleaned as well. Now that should be an experience! Caroline heard the news and when we got home, she informed her little brother all about her trip to the dentist and told him that next time he could go with us and watch her get hers cleaned and then it would be his turn. Oh joy! I think I'll need the laughing gas for that trip.

1 comment:

Thomas & Amber Ryan said...

yeah, i need to take kennedy... i am dreading that one!

i didnt know amy was a dentist! is she still married to michael?