Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let's go for a hayride

One of the best things about the fair is getting to see family and friends from out of town. This year was no different as we got to spend the weekend with Susan, Andrew and Brianna (aka..."The Twins") and Stephanie. On Sunday during the fair, we had originally planned to take our fun cousins who were visiting from Tennessee and Georgia to Geyser Falls. But, the storm clouds kept us away...as it continued to do for the most part of the week I am saddened to say. So, instead of sitting around and doing nothing, we decided to get Ol' Red out of the shed, fill him up with hay and take a hayride around the farm.
Caroline and Will couldn't decided if they would rather sit in the back or ride in the little bucket seats in the extended cab that were the perfect size for them. It didn't take them long to make a game out of sticking their heads out the rear window.I think everyone really enjoyed our little outing except for maybe Matt. There were a few too many sticker bushes along the trail that ended up scratching his precious sidekick. At one point, I looked at him before we went through a gate and he said, "If we didn't have a truck full of out of town guests and it was just us, I'd turn Ol' Red around right now." Instead, he was a trooper and Ol' Red officially became a farm truck with a few scratches from the farm.

No comments: