Since the rain was pretty persistent during the fair, we spent a good bit of our time indoors. I found it very challenging to keep my kids entertained in a house that is not exactly kid proof. It has been decades since small children have routinely stayed at their house, so Caroline and Will are constantly finding things left around Mommaw and Pappaw's house that their little hands probably shouldn't touch. Though she may not can move around without help, my grandmother does a great job of letting me know when the kids are into something. She is also a good sport in helping them babysit their dolls and playing tea party. I cannot imagine my life without this wonderful lady and I'm so glad my kids can enjoy playing with her too!Friday, August 7, 2009
A playdate with Mommaw
Since the rain was pretty persistent during the fair, we spent a good bit of our time indoors. I found it very challenging to keep my kids entertained in a house that is not exactly kid proof. It has been decades since small children have routinely stayed at their house, so Caroline and Will are constantly finding things left around Mommaw and Pappaw's house that their little hands probably shouldn't touch. Though she may not can move around without help, my grandmother does a great job of letting me know when the kids are into something. She is also a good sport in helping them babysit their dolls and playing tea party. I cannot imagine my life without this wonderful lady and I'm so glad my kids can enjoy playing with her too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I enjoyed reading about your week at the Fair and all your pictures! My husband is Jimmy Dance (the announcer for the races) We stay in Cabin 153. This year was the FIRST Fair for our twin granddaughters, Aubrey and Lainey. (The Fair Times did a story on them on Thursday) Just wanted to say hello to some Fair neighbors!
Darlene
Post a Comment