
When the kids returned from their weekend with Matt's parents, we had a little surprise for Will...his bed was converted into a toddler bed. We had contemplated the transition for months primarily because he had jumped out of his bed once and I had caught him multiple times attempting it again. So, despite my reservations of allowing him free range in his room at night, it was better than the alternative - an injury from falling out of the baby bed.

I wish I could say the transition went smoothly, but it didn't. Perhaps it was because he had been away from home a few nights and had trouble sleeping in his bed, but I doubt it. As soon as he awoke during the night, he was pulling on the gate we installed and screaming. Against better judgment, I responded to his whimpers which meant this little routine went on for several nights. Finally, I had enough interrupted sleep and let him cry it out as suggested by my husband. Once his tantrum ceased and I knew he was asleep, I went to his door to peep in on him. I expected to find him on the floor by the door, but instead he had hopped back into his bed. I guess he figured he wouldn't try to prove a point by sleeping on the floor but instead enjoyed the comforts of his own bed. As in the past (why do I ever give in to the cries to begin with?), one night of crying took care of it and now he is such a big boy who sleeps in his bed all night long! When morning comes, I hear him get out of bed and in a few moments, he's at his door saying, "Momma...Momma".
1 comment:
hey, you better go to your friend's blog. she is making disparaging comments about you, plus showing a mighty fine pic! you are really getting handy with the sewing machine. i saw all your handiwork. if you make toothpick ornaments, i want one. ha ha mama dk
Post a Comment