Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!


Matt's birthday always falls over the Thanksgiving holiday.  This year, he requested that I not make his favorite cake (red velvet) at Thanksgiving because he is always too stuffed from our Thanksgiving feast to enjoy it.  Plus, he vividly remembers not eating all of the cake last year because he was so stuffed and the frustration that was voiced by his wife who took the time to make a homemade red velvet just for him.  So, this year we celebrated on his birthday with a peanut butter pie, another favorite of Matt's. 


Of course that meant that I owed him a red velvet as well.  So, while visiting his parents over the weekend, I made him his traditional red velvet birthday cake. 

Mamaw Kat topped it off with homemade ice cream.  Needless to say, Matt enjoyed his sweets and it looks like his son is going to fall in his footsteps as is pertains to his love for sweets as well.   


No comments: