Caroline loved getting to babysit Katelyn (or so she thinks that is what she did), and I enjoyed getting a chance to spend some time with my little sister who I miss very much.
And once again, Will had the hardest time limiting his kisses. Since he had a little runny nose, he was limited to her feet this time.
I can attest that the old phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is very true. When we were little we had our disagreements and don't get me wrong, we still do...but, I often times wish we lived in the same town so that we can share clothes again, go shopping together, let our kids play...the list goes on and on. Since that isn't the case, I will relish the holidays I get to spend with KK and her family.
Both kids were proud to show off Pop's new pony, Molly Girl, to their cousins Helen and Hunter. Caroline decided she should ride first so she could show them how it's done. She was bursting with pride. Will had his own adventure on Molly Girl, but I'll save that for another post because it certainly deserves one to itself.
Mamaw and Pappaw were thrilled to have their great grandkids spend the night with them and were constantly entertained this Thanksgiving. I imagine they are taking it easy this week trying to recuperate from all the festivities.
Of all the fun we had at Thanksgiving, my favorite memory was when KK asked Caroline what about her Mommy she was thankful for. She responded, "she is a happy Mommy." You never know how your children perceive you, but I must admit that I was so glad she considers me a happy mom because the Good Lord knows there are times when I don't feel so happy with the way my children are behaving. Her perception made me realize how important it is to keep a smile on my face.
1. The four little feet that scuffle to our bed late at night so that they can be comforted by their Mommy and Daddy.
2. Will's little hand that he longs for us to hold when he's sitting in our lap, riding in the car and laying by us in the bed.
3. Caroline's wonderful memory that can recall details about events that I often don't even remember.
4. Sitting in the rocking chair with my babies on a cold morning under the covers while we watch cartoons.
5. Dancing in the kitchen to our favorite songs with our children.
6. The rush of excitement in our children when Daddy gets home from work.
7. Weeknight candlelight dinners with our family.
8. The adoring love our children share for each other.
9. Getting kisses all over our face from our little man.
10. Cuddling up next to Caroline as she goes to sleep at night.
11. The constant requests for backrubs.
12. Will's affinity for anything with a motor.
13. Caroline's sweet love for her baby dolls and the way she mothers them.
14. Will's passion to fix things even when they don't necessarily require fixing.
15. Caroline's desire to learn to sew just like her Mommy. She loves staying up late at night with me pretending to make something for her babies just like I make for mine.
16. Sweet bedtime prayers.
17. The laughter that comes from my reading Snuggle Puppy.
18. Will's famous phrase, "one more time".
19. Caroline's sweet drawings of our family.
20. The sweet smiles that light up their face when they see their Mommy and Daddy hug.
We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and that you too reflect on the little things you are thankful for this holiday season.







1 comment:
Really enjoyed this post. Katelyn really had fun with her babysitters. We miss being close to home too. KBug can't wait to ride Molly girl in the wagon.
love ,kdk
Post a Comment