Last night I had the rare opportunity to have dinner with my college roommate, Ashley Jones Bodie, and sweet mate, Mica Ballard Stevens. In addition, we had the pleasure of meeting Mica's newest addition, Belle. I say "rare opportunity" because since we graduated from Mississippi College in 2000, we have all gone our separate ways to pursue our career dreams and settle down to raise our families. When we sat down to the table, we took a moment to enjoy the fact that we were all finally in the same place for once! It is so funny how our conversations have changed over the years. In the past we discussed career aspirations, men (or shall I say boys at the time), and what outfit we should wear. Last night we talked about our husbands (for a few minutes) and then the conversation quickly shifted to our pride and joy...our children. Ever since we've been friends, I knew that we all would have great careers and one day settle down to raise a family. I did not, however, anticipate just how much our children would change our lives...for the better. It was great to catch up old friends and I hope that since we are all moving "Down South" that we will find the opportunity to get together more often.
Friday, July 18, 2008
MC Friends
Last night I had the rare opportunity to have dinner with my college roommate, Ashley Jones Bodie, and sweet mate, Mica Ballard Stevens. In addition, we had the pleasure of meeting Mica's newest addition, Belle. I say "rare opportunity" because since we graduated from Mississippi College in 2000, we have all gone our separate ways to pursue our career dreams and settle down to raise our families. When we sat down to the table, we took a moment to enjoy the fact that we were all finally in the same place for once! It is so funny how our conversations have changed over the years. In the past we discussed career aspirations, men (or shall I say boys at the time), and what outfit we should wear. Last night we talked about our husbands (for a few minutes) and then the conversation quickly shifted to our pride and joy...our children. Ever since we've been friends, I knew that we all would have great careers and one day settle down to raise a family. I did not, however, anticipate just how much our children would change our lives...for the better. It was great to catch up old friends and I hope that since we are all moving "Down South" that we will find the opportunity to get together more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Mandy, I know you are so excited to be back in touch with so many people. I hate that your not in AL anymore, but I now how blessed your families are to have you so close. Congrats on a night out and I hope you get many more.
Yay! I'm so thankful that we actually had the opportunity to take that photo. I can't wait til Sunday and to many more visits in the coming year!
Post a Comment