Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The big kill

As luck would have it, I married a hunter. Thankfully, he is not addicted to it so I am never really a "widow of the woods" during season, but Matt does enjoy spending a little time on the deer stand. Unfortunately, it seems that I put a curse on him because ever since I've known him (8+ years), he has not killed a deer. Granted, he has had a few opportunities, but didn't want to kill a doe. Instead, he was waiting for "Big Boy". Well, after being the subject of many a joke, he decided NO MORE. This weekend, he shot down a "Big Girl". I was thrilled because maybe this means the spell has been broken. Plus, it was time he put some deer meat on the table! He told me not to put this on the blog, but I told him there wasn't a chance that I wouldn't document this big event. Hopefully the next deer that appears on our blog will indeed be "Big Boy".