Friday, November 7, 2008

A visit from the Hensons

What I am about to write is rather sad when I look back at my life over the years. In college I had a great friend, Laura Baria. We were basically inseparable. We would take trips home together, go on long tennis trips together, study together (well, maybe not because I didn't do a lot of that), you name it, where you found one, you usually found the other. Then the dreaded day came...graduation. I moved to Birmingham for graduate school and she went to Ole Miss for pharmacy school. We still managed to get together pretty often but then the next big life event happened...marriage. I moved to Dothan and she moved to Jackson. Then shortly after, we started having babies. Between the husbands, the kids and the distance, we never see each other. To be exact, it has been almost 2 years since I had seen her last and neither of us had met the other's youngest child until Wednesday. Finally! Though the visit was short, it was great to see my old pal. Hopefully, since I've moved back to Mississippi the time between our visits will be shortened. Nevertheless, at least we have phones and blogs to keep us updated as to what's happening with our families. Believe it or not, I failed to get a picture to mark the occasion, so I decided to swipe a photo of Laura's cute little boys, William and Wes, off of her blog instead.

2 comments:

The Hensons said...

you did too study! you did my accounting!

DK Baria said...

i'm so glad y'all are back in each other's lives. you know you are so special to us. you also help laura to stay in touch with her country,a.k.a redneck, roots. we wouldn't want her to get above her raising. love to you all. mama dk
p.s. good to see you at mistletoe