Monday, November 3, 2008

Farmer Will's Birthday Party

On Saturday, our family came over to help us celebrate Will's 1st birthday. We were so excited to have so many of our family members take time out of their own busy lives to spend the afternoon with us. In total, we had over 30 people stop by, so needless to say, our house was rocking. I guess this is one of the many benefits of living closer. Of all the guests, perhaps the VIPs of the party were Matt's grandmother, Mamaw Elsie, and my grandparents, Mommaw and Pappaw Bill. Though they all told us they wanted to come, we knew that we shouldn't assume they would actually come until we actually saw them walk (or stroll) through our front doors.

Since I'm staying home with the kids these days, I decided I would embrace the homemaker role for once and try my luck at putting together and printing the invitations, baking the cake, planning the entertainment for the kids and cooking enough food to feed the masses. Thankfully, it all turned out pretty well....well, that is if you don't count the baked beans that I left in the oven ALL afternoon. Yes, these delicious beans baked for over 4 hours and caused all of the women at the party to search my kitchen up and down to find the curious smell. Matt's Dad was the only one who thought to check the oven, only to determine that he thought I was baking brownies! Finally, my Mom and I found the scorched, unidentifiable beans in which I made a special trip to the grocery store. Enough about that....

Though we had a jumper for the kids to play in, swings, a sandbox, a pinata and even a hay ride to provide the kids with plenty of entertainment, the birthday boy stole the show when cake time arrived. He held nothing back and almost burnt his little finger when trying to get a bite before his candle was blown out. I think he truly enjoyed his day as being the center of attention. Wait a minute...what am I saying? He thinks he's the center of attention everyday. Anyway, the day was a lot of fun and well worth all the time and effort that went into it. Matt and I would definitely like to thank Mamaw Kat and Pappaw for all of their help in getting everything ready for the party....we couldn't have done it without them! To wrap things up...we just hope everyone had as much fun as the four of us and are so thankful we have such a sweet little guy in our lives.

3 comments:

The Long Family said...

Looks like you had a good time! Love the pictures!

Amber said...

awwww. happy birthday, will!

Kristin said...

Hi Will,
I am very sorry that I missed your party and even forgot to mail a present in time! I will be finding you something fun for your birthday and can't wait to see you in Christmas!