Friday, May 29, 2009

Ballet Boot Camp

Day 1 of Boot Camp
This past week, Caroline participated in Ballet Boot Camp at church. Since this was her first organized dance class of any kind, I was a little nervous as to how she would like it. She does not like to dress up in her dance clothes at home, so I wondered if she would put them on for her class. Well, when I told her that her buddy Abby would be there and all dressed up too, she was gung ho.

I cannot begin to tell you how cute all of the little darlings were in her class. She stuck close by her Abby the entire time and on the third day, she refused to go in the class without her. So, her teacher let her sit by the door until Abby arrived.
Day 2 of Ballet Camp
Of course the hardest part of ballet camp was getting up early. Our kids usually get to sleep as late as they want everyday, so getting up early proved to be a bit of a challenge for them. To help matters, I baked them muffins each morning so they could eat on the way. I guess they have become a little spoiled. When I woke Caroline up on the last day of camp, she told me, "I just can't do this anymore." Oh, what I have to look forward to when school starts!
Day 3 of Ballet Camp
On the last day of the camp, they had a little recital for the parents. Mamaw Kat, Pappaw and Aunt Erin made the trip over to see Caroline's debut. The girls were little lambs in the program and did a little dance for us. Caroline took it all in and only danced a little when she wasn't looking around the room at all of her fans. Caroline enjoyed ballet so much that we have signed her up for the summer program.
After the program, we went to eat at Sal and Mookie's. Caroline enjoyed eating lunch with her friends and loved playing with the pizza dough. When Daddy got home, he had a little present for Caroline to congratulate her on her ballet debut. (I should clarify that Matt has his boss and her assistant to thank for the gift. They put it together and gave it to Matt for him to give Caroline....how nice was that?) She was so happy her Daddy thought she did a good job!

No comments: