Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nana's Retired

Congratulations are in order for Nana! After 28 years of teaching school (four of which she taught me), she has finally decided to close the math book and relax a little. The kids and I decided to help her celebrate this momentous occasion and joined her for her retirement reception. Caroline was a champ and sat through the entire hour-long presentation, while Will and I got to explore the hallway since he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He babbled about something the entire time. I think the only reason Caroline was such a trooper was because she knew Mexican food was only a possibility if she was sweet. So, once we got Will off the stage (he slipped away from Pop Buddy and thought he was so funny sitting on the opposite end of the stage and refused to come when called), we headed to the Mexican restaurant to celebrate some more. Nana, we hope you enjoy your retirement and I'm sure we will be seeing more of you these days.

1 comment:

Mark Williams said...

Your mom is a great teacher!!