Please let me introduce you to Laura Elaine Baria Henson.
We met playing tennis at Mississippi College.
Don't you love the barbed wire tattoo I let her give me before one of our matches?
Anyway, we got to know each other really well on our very LONG trips to Texas.
It was then that I found out how strong she was....
...and about all of her previous military experience, so I knew I needed her as a friend in order to stay safe during my college years.
I must admit, if I had not had Laura as my best friend in college, MC would not have been the same. Instead, we have lots of funny, embarassing and not to be shared on the world wide web stories. Then there are some that are worth mentioning...like when she kept pestering me in the hotel one night that I finally had enough. Since we had been working out in the gym, she was determined to show me just how strong she was, so she kept trying to body slam me to the ground. Well, during one such "slam" I decided to pick her up and throw her on the bed. Well, obviously I had been eating my wheaties because instead of Laura hitting the bed, she flew over the bed and hit the wall...hard. Of course then panic struck because we were all afraid that I had injured our star player before a big match. Luckily, she was fine and of course won her match. Laura and I are both country girls at heart and often decided to travel back to Texas (as if we hadn't spent enough time there already) to see George and Clay. Then there were all the fun times on the farm (you can check out those pics on her blog) and the many chocolate milk runs late at night to ease our anxieties over tests and those pesty boys.
Who would have guessed that these days we'd both have young kids (she's expecting her 3rd boy) that we hope act more like their Daddies did in college!
Happy birthday, ol' pal! I hope it is great, filled with less trips to the bathroom and more time off your feet. Next time we're together, I'll treat you to some chocolate milk!




2 comments:
are you sure that matt can't quit his job and y'all move up here? while i'm pretty sure that i will never put on that camo again, we could still have some fun! thanks for the birthday wishes!
what a wonderful tribute to a good friend. i'm like laura; wish y'all could get to tupelo. what a hoot that would be! love to ya, mama dk
Post a Comment