Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Planting flowers

Since I have so many empty flower pots around the house (mainly because of plant neglect in which a once beautiful plant died while in my care), I decided we should try our hand at planting flowers from seed. Who know if anything will come up, but I figure it was a cheap, fun project for the kids. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that at least one seed decides to sprout, otherwise I'm going to have a very unhappy camper named Caroline.

Of course the interesting part of our planting was when Will found a worm. He thought it was the coolest little creature and kept trying to aggravate his sister with it. Oh the screams! Anyway, before we knew it, he decided to see if his little friend tasted anything like a gummy worm. Disgusting, I know. Luckily we caught him before he took a bite out of his new found friend. After we got through that ordeal, he decided he would put his little buddy in his sand box for safe keeping. Luckily, we caught him again and made certain we didn't have any unwanted guests setting up house. Matt thinks all of Will's boyish ways are hilarious. I'm not in total agreement because I'm usually the one trying to get him out of the messes he makes. But, it does make for interesting days!

1 comment:

deidre martin booker said...

dirt and worms...apparently 2 of little boys' favorite things!!
love your blog, and those 2 cute puppy dog outfits you made! i saw that fabric at continental and wondered if it would be as cute as i thought...YES! thank you again...i put your "digits" in my phone, so be listenin' out for me!