

This month I took the kids to their annual pediatric check-up. Well, it was actually Will's 18-month old check-up and Caroline's 3-year old check-up. Granted, I'm a little behind on both of these because it took forever to get an appointment scheduled for the both of them back-to-back. Who knew that was such a big deal? Anyway, I thought that was a smart idea....WRONG! In the future, I will not dare put myself through such drama. I had no idea that both of them were going to get shots and that just about put all of us over the edge. The real hurdle, though, was keeping Will corralled while they gave Caroline a big girl check-up, complete with blood pressure check, temperature, height/weight, finger prick and urine analysis (yes, she I had to get her to peepee in a cup, all the while making sure Will didn't try to swipe the cup...what a photo op that was). She did wonderful and didn't cry a single tear while getting her finger pricked or receiving her shot. Will on the other hand was not thrilled about his shots, but settled down as soon as he saw the sucker I had waiting for him.

According to Dr. Rohman, Caroline is in the 90th percentile for her age in height and 75th percentile for her age in weight, while Will is in the 30th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight. Caroline's stats didn't suprise, but I am still a little suprised that Will is considered small, and you can only imagine his Daddy's reaction. Unfortunately, he may be taking after his Mama in more ways than one. However, Mamaw Kat reassures us that Matt was always a little scrawny thing (well, maybe she didn't use that word exactly) until he reached high school. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll overcome his Mama's vertically challenged lot in life.
We did have a little concern when Dr. Rohman scheduled Caroline for an echo after hearing a heart murmur she's had since birth. Within a few days of her check-up, we were at the hospital getting it all checked out. Again, Caroline was a champ and did not utter a peep when getting hooked up to everything. She sat so still and cooperated so well for the technician, and afterwards the tech told her that she was a better patient than some of her adults. Again, God has blessed us because everything came back completely normal on all of the tests.
We are so thankful that both of our kids are healthy, happy, and thriving. So much so that this Mama will know not to schedule their next check-up back-to-back. Otherwise, she'll be headed to the doctor...the psychiatrist, that is!
Oh, and the pictures I've posted are from a recent attempt to get a good shot of the kids together in their matching smocked outfits. Pop and Mimi's house provided the best backdrop, but despite numerous attempts, the perfect photo just didn't happen. Just check out the sequenced shots below for a good laugh.



No comments:
Post a Comment