On a recent trip to Philly, Pop and Mimi treated everyone to Mexican. This of course tickled Caroline because she loves to check out everyone's Mexican restaurant. Anyway, while we were there we noticed a man was eating near us that looked exactly like Santa Claus except he was wearing overalls instead of his red suit. Caroline was absolutely beside herself. When she realized the bathrooms were located near this man's table, she suddenly had to go. Of course she also wanted me to say something to him to see if he really was Santa Claus.
When we passed by the kind man, he couldn't help but notice the two little eyes staring at him. So, I felt I must address the obvious infatuation she had over him. I told him that my daughter thought he had a strong resemblance to Santa Claus to which he replied, "you never know." Oh, boy...that just about made Caroline wet her pants. He then patted his front pocket and said, "I have my notes and pen right here, so be good little girl." Needless to say, we had no problem getting Caroline to eat ALL of her food. When we got ready to leave, she wanted to go back over to him and talk some more, but I convinced her that he needed to eat his food in peace. Thankfully, though, he waved to her as she left. Naturally this Santa siting at Pop and Mimi's Mexican restaurant means we will be getting a good many more requests to eat there by some little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment