Thursday, June 11, 2009

KK's Baby Shower

This past weekend, we hosted a baby shower at Ye Olde Drugstore Deli for KK. Everyone enjoyed sundaes, cake and coke floats, while KK got some really cute things for baby Katelyn. I just did finish my handmade presents in time for the big event. (Can you tell that I really enjoy sewing these days?) Without my buddy Tamah, I could not have gotten it all done. She was a life saver and stayed up with me until midnight to get everything monogrammed and looking good!
Of course KK didn't have any trouble opening her presents because she had two very experienced gift openers who were more than willing to help her in the task. You would have thought the party was for Caroline and Helen because they had a blast. They both agreed that going to teas is a lot of fun...especially since the boys stay at home.Both girls spent a great deal of time writing their soon-to-be baby cousin a note to go into her baby book that Mimi made for her. I know they will be thrilled to have a baby girl to play with. Since KK got most everything she needs for her upcoming arrival, the wait is now on! KK...we hope you can stay cool during these hot summer months!

3 comments:

The Long Family said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I so wish I could have been there.

Kristin said...

Thank you for the shower! It was a lot of fun! The keeping cool part is impossible in Texas, but better than humidity in Mississippi. I can't wait to use all the gifts I got at the shower; especially the specialized things from my wonderful sister!

rosajosa said...

Please tell me that you did NOT make all that precious stuff!!! I feel really good about the stuff I have managed to make for my girls (smocked outfits, scrapbooks, Christmas stockings, etc.) until I see all that YOU do!!! You are awesome!!!