Sunday, October 26, 2008

No deer and a sore rear

This weekend we had a great time even though the result of our fun resulted in no deer and a sore rear end. Despite getting up before the rooster, Matt didn't kill a deer. Maybe when his little man gets a little bigger he can bring him some good luck. If I were a deer, I would want to come out of hiding to see this little fellow, wouldn't you?


Anyway, my Dad and I went on an absolutely beautiful trail ride on Saturday. We rode a few hours in the morning, ate lunch and then hopped back on our horses and hit the trail for a few more hours that afternoon. The scenery was beautiful and what made it even better was that we were at home in Neshoba County! Who knew? I don't know why I told my Dad that my rear wasn't sore this afternoon because I should have known that just as soon as I bragged on being able to handle riding all day when I haven't done that in ages would eventually catch up to me. Yep, despite all my padding, I am a little sore from the ride, but it was worth every little pain.

A big THANK YOU goes out to Mimi for agreeing to keep the kiddos so that Matt and I could frolic like we were kids again. Supposedly they were angels (though Caroline did spill the beans and tell me that Mimi had to get on to her for hitting her brother). After we all came in from our fun day, we headed to Mimi and Pop's church for their fall festival. I knew that when they said they would be serving stew that we definitely didn't want to miss it, but my husband could not truly appreciate what he was about to partake. Of course the cooks of Spring Creek didn't let me down and my husband was full as a tick when we left. As for the kids, they are really beginning to like the concept of fall festivals...especially Caroline who got to take her first hayride with me and Mimi. However, today when I asked her what she liked best about the Fall Festival, she quickly replied, "I got to hold Baby Lane...she dressed up like a lady bug."

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

hey! when did you get bangs. i'm sure i've just missed them in earlier photos but just wanted to say it looks great! and i LOVE the new photos of the kids in their orange. I really thought you had the first one on the side of the blog professionally done. Great job, Mandy!!!