Well, my friend Laura tagged me and requested me to list 6 quirky things about myself. Laura, I know it has taken me a while to do this....probably because I have so many quirks. Anyway, here goes...
1. I, like everyone else, do not like to be in pain. However, while some people cringe over the thought of giving labor, having a broken bone, etc., I dread the excruciating pain of having my eyebrows waxed and plucked. Silly, I know. I've given birth to two 9 pounders, broken both my tib and fib bones in my left leg and yet the thought of having my eyebrows groomed makes my stomach turn more than anything. When I get them waxed at the salon, I have to worn the wax lady that I will cry and cringe uncontrollably. Despite my desperate attempt to not make a scene, I just can't help it. Crazy..I know.
2. I cannot stand having to use public restrooms and this has been magnified significantly since my little girl is now potty trained. The thoughts that cross my mind...who cleaned the restroom, when was the last time it has been cleaned....oh how dirty this floor must be...etc.
3. I constantly make up nicknames for my kids and call them by those names all the time. For instance, there is Coupon Caroline, Will the Thrill, Tooty Fruity (to which Caroline responds: "We don't talk about tooties", Wilgy, Suzy Q, Willy Nilly, Prissy Britches...the list goes on and on. Funny thing is, they actually respond to all of the names.
4. Dirty shoes really bother me...just think about it...all shoes are dirty because they go everywhere...the public restrooms I mentioned previously, the park, the grocery store, everywhere. Then where do those shoes end up? They remain on the feet of everyone who walks in my house that then travel all over my floors where my 11 month old crawls. Oh the germs...I have to move to #5 because I am getting sit at my stomach just thinking about it.
5. I, like the friend who tagged me, wear my watch all of the time. Thankfully it's dressy enough for church, work, etc., so I truly never take it off. It's a Seiko Titanium watch a got for Christmas years ago and it is so light I hardly know it is there, but when I take it off I feel lost. So, it along with my wedding rings stay on all the time.
6. I like to having music playing all of the time....not loud music, just turned up enough to drown out the silence. You would think I would enjoy silence since it is never silent at my house except while the kids are asleep, but actually I find music very relaxing and upbeat.
Okay...now that I've listed 6 of my quirks, I tag KK, Brandi and Ashley and Caroline wants me to tag Granger and Eden!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hhmmmm, do you know any other ashley's? :) guess this means graham and i have to start paring down our list to just 6 things.
I can't come up with 6; I am too perfect. ha!! Give me a few days.
Post a Comment