Okay, in telling this story I think it will become abundantly clear that I am no longer in the running for Mother of the Year. As you can see in the picture, Will is suffering from a terrible rash on his face. Believe it or not, the picture doesn't even represent how bad it has looked over the past few days...the redness, the swelling, the flakiness....oh how terrible it has looked and probably felt as well. The rash began on Sunday afternoon, so I attributed it to me putting Will on a bale of hay to take a picture for his birthday party invitations. It appears that Will is going to follow in his mother's footsteps in having allergies, so I was pretty sure the hay was the culprit. Since we are a family who enjoys farm life, I was a little disappointed that my little cowboy would have to be medicated in order to enjoy the life of a farmer, but quickly realized that I should be thankful for the good health my children have been blessed with thus far in their lives.Since I have had my fair share of skin irritants, I was sure that cleaning the area and letting time take its course would be the best treatment for Will's ailment. Well, as the week progressed, the little rash seemed to be getting worse instead of better. Then on Wednesday, I noticed a rash was beginning to appear on his bottom as well. OH NO....it hit me like a fast moving train! Will is allergic to the new knock-off brand of wipes I bought in an attempt to save a few measly pennies. Yes, instead of helping my son heal, I was in fact making his symptoms worse by constantly wiping his little face after he sneezed with the wipes. Thankfully, his little rear decided to oppose the wipes, otherwise who knows how long I would have subjected my son to such torment. Since I have destroyed all of the culprits, I can thankfully say that his symptoms are getting better and we may be turning the corner soon. As for the silver lining to this story...at least maybe Will isn't allergic to hay after all and can be a farmer when he grows up!




1 comment:
Obviously, Matt is rubbing off on you. You still are in the running for "MOM OF THE YEAR" K. Granger
Post a Comment