Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meeting Winnie the Pooh

This past weekend, we took the kids to the Renaissance Fine Arts Festival. We're not too big on fine art, but we do love our Winnie the Pooh. Since he was at story time at Barnes and Noble, we made certain we were on hand to meet the big fella. Caroline was so excited and even took the Winnie the Pooh she stole from Nana's house with her. She anxiously sat on the front bench to be sure she had a good seat during story time, and was thrilled when she actually got to touch him.
Abby and Tamah joined us, so afterwords, we all headed down to the watering hole (or whatever you call those little water sprinklers that come out of the ground). The kids had a blast and we were once again reminded of how fearless our little son is. Matt even had a dad come up to him and ask if Will was his son. Matt claimed him of course, and the guy said, "Wow, he is really fearless, isn't he? My son won't even play in the water like he does and he is four." Great...just what I wanted to hear...that means that by the time he is four he'll be doing even bigger tricks.Of course while we were at the Renaissance, Tamah and I had to hit The Loft. I love that store and love their sales even more. We took turns shopping since we could tell Matt was a little nervous about watching all three at once. While she was shopping I decided, what the heck...I'm not going into anymore stores and they are having so much fun...I'm going to run through the water too. I managed to dodge the water pretty well and only got wet from when the kids decided to kick water up at me, those little boogers!

2 comments:

rosajosa said...

And that's what makes you a good Mom! I sat on the edge of the pool and got soaked at swimming lessons myself!

The Long Family said...

So fun!!!!!