It seems as if we are beginning to embark upon what some refer to as the "Terrible Twos". Don't get me wrong, Caroline is a very sweet girl, but she does have moments in which she likes to play a little rough with her brother. For instance, the other day I caught her riding his back and saying "giddy up, Big Boy". I quickly informed her that Will was not Cody, but rather a little baby that is very fragile and should not be ridden. Caroline loves her brother so much and would never intentionally hurt him; she just doesn't realize the damage she could cause.
Well, since my warnings have not stopped the rough play, Caroline has visited her time out chair quite often over the past few days. I thought that would be a good form of punishment since she is such a busy body, but since my little person has such a creative mind, she can always seem to find something entertaining...even in a corner. Examples: the little doorstop behind the door near her chair, the toile wallpaper at my grandparents' house in which she began talking to all of the people in the pictures, turning around in the timeout chair and pretending to ride it like a horse. My favorite time out excuse came today when she informed me that she could not sit in time out because "I have a busy day!" What is a Mommy to do when her toddler is booked for the day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment