Saturday morning marked Day #2 of our potty training adventure. Right out of the starting gate, Caroline told me she needed to go to the potty, so happily I obliged. She really likes her big girl panties and her M&Ms. Personally, I didn't know a toddler used the bathroom this often...I think she holds some back so that she can frequent the potty more often and thus get more M&Ms.
Unfortunately, I didn't think the potty training timing through just right, because with Matt home on Saturday there is NO WAY he could tolerate staying at the apartment all day. Sooo, I went to the store and bought some Dora Pull Ups. Then came the dilemma...how do you get a toddler to use potties outside of the home? I quickly discovered that she is adamantly against such, so she went back a step and gave Dora a little surprise. At this point, I became a little nervous that our previous achievements would be flushed down the drain (cute pun, huh?) and that we would have to start all over again at point A. However, much to my delight, as soon as we walked back into the apartment, Caroline informed me that she needed to go to the potty. Woohoo!
Now back to the dilemna...for those of you who have potty trained recently...how do you get toddlers to go potty when you are out shopping, eating at a restaurant, etc.? Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated. (Laura...using a cup is not a valid answer.) Also, what do you do about bedtime in case they have an accident during the night?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I haven't even started the potty training but plan to start on Wednesday. I am trying the 3 Day Potty Training technique (www.3daypottytraining.com) after a friend raved about it with her child. It sounds logically and I will let you know how it goes. I am shipping Zetta Grace to my mother-in-law's for the 3 days so I can totally focus on Granger. Is she terrified of the bathroom itself or the toilet in the bathroom?
I meant logical not logically
we need to talk. i have a way that i did it that worked for me and several others around here. and if you can't carry a cup or pee on a bush/tree/tire, then i guess you have to carry a potty around in the car with you....holly does! of course, mine never even used anything except the big potty, so i don't know how that would have worked. we just need to talk. later.
Post a Comment